Monday 8 December 2008

5 days!!

So, in 5 days, I will travel 190 miles and mark the end of my first term at uni. I will leave the romanticising for later, but right now, I'm enjoying life so much!

This morning I slept in till 11am, got up, spent a while praying, playing worship stuff on my electric guitar with distoooorrrtttiiiooonnnn and generally chilling out, having the loudest quiet time possible. This is following 2 very good Biblical instructions:

"Of the writing of books there is no end, and much study is weariness"

and

"Rejoice, young men, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes, knowing that for all these God will judge".

Joel preached excellently on following your own heart - something he usually tells people off for doing, but actually, something safe with a renewed new creation sanctified heart. So, it is excellent and Biblical to enjoy Arcade Fire and blues and good films (and not just PGs) and good food and bitter and port and good real coffee and belly laughter and banter and curry and fun times. "Love God, and do what you like". It sounds dangerous and scary and slightly heretical - listen to it. It's good.

Also, I have 2 essays due this week. 1 is finished. 1 just needs reorganising. And those are the only 2 things I have to do this week. God has been particularly gracious to me this term in letting me chill a lot. He has helped me get work done in perfect timing - not too early that I neglect good things as they come, not too late so I'm not stressin'. But it's been a good balance. I'm soo chilled out now. It's awesome.

Anyway, I have a lecture in about 15 minutes, so I'd better leave. I'll post again this week, probably more than once, with lots of reflections about different stuff over the last 10 weeks. But, as way of preparation: family, when I come home:

I shave with razor blades, I like medium curries, blues, John Mayer, port, real ale, and not just filter coffee. I also drink tea now. And my hair is different, but you probably wouldn't notice :P also, if I occasionally slip into a northern accent, blame Tom Walker. In fact, blame him for most of this.

Party!

No comments: