Tuesday 24 February 2009

Okay, So I Promise...

This is going to be my last blog post where I start off with an apology or basically blog to fill air. But I concede that it is. Sorry.

So, quite simply: insurance people have been longer with my laptop than I anticipated, leading to Biblical manhood being demonstrated in authoritative tones on the phone interspersed with ridiculous hold music that clips and ruins phone speakers (result: because I hassled them they apoligsed profusely and are sending it at the end of this week, lesson: things get done when you take control, responsibility, leadership, etc.) and things like presentations and non-contributory essays taking longer and slightly more stress than usual (result: a lot more time spent in prayer with stuff like "Holy Spirit if you don't inspire me and go before me and open up the computer rooms before me I will genuinely explode", lesson: prayer works, God is good, essays aren't that hard). On top of this is a Birthday that is happening on Thursday but I've got my non-contrib deadline then, presentation day before, CCK student weekend away the few days after, next non-contrib to think about after then, so it's getting a bit lost in there. Oh well. Maybe I'll be 19 twice.

Anyway, I don't really have a lot to say, except I have a lot to say. Hence the non-blogging. Once the non-contribs are in, I will have lots of time to write more. So, I'm planning an adventure through some Psalms, and I'm halfway through writing a big essay for a friend on why we need the Wrath of God (short answer: because the Bible says so, so if we ignore it we#'re in idolotry, and because without it the cross becomes pretty pointless because while, yes, it's about our cleansing of sin it's also satisfying the law and the punishment and the justice of God - it is expiatory and propitiatory). So I'll probably post that up here, and that will probably be quite long. But probably more interesting than IPE. I was going to post some interesting stats on worship leading over the last year - a geeky graph to show how many times I used certain songs - but apparently I only ever used songs at most three times last year in a corporate setting. So that was both a waste of precious time spent tallying, and a weird shock. I thought I was far more predictable.

No comments: